* PLEASE NOTE : THE BELOW INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES.
VENTILATION, CIRCULATION & AIR FILTRATION
- We have updated our industry-standard Merv-10 filters with Merv-13 filters, which allow our system to trap up to 98% of airborne particles as small as .3 microns.
- We have increased room circulation with a higher rate of supply-and-return air.
- We will utilize all available windows to maximize fresh airflow in indoor spaces.
CLEANING PROTOCOL & PRODUCTS
We are currently working with Ecolab to utilize cleaning products included on the EPA’s list of “Disinfectants for Use Against COVID-19." Each school day, our dedicated housekeeping team will increase their cleaning schedule for restrooms and all high-touch surfaces. We will also conduct a complete and thorough cleaning of campus every evening.
ENHANCEMENT TO OUTDOOR SPACES
We are in the process of improving outdoor spaces for classroom use. Updates include additional shade and weather protection, improved outdoor Internet access, and clear signage to remind students and staff to stay 6 feet apart at all times, whether indoors or outside.
HEALTH SCREENING & POLICY
In accordance with guidelines from the CDC
and DC Department of Health
, Field will implement a daily digital health-screening process for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors to campus. This screening will include questions about current health status and potential exposure to COVID-19. Detailed Information will be shared in the coming weeks. While our daily screening will help students, faculty, staff, and families identify symptoms that may prevent a student from attending school, we rely on each member of our community to help prevent the spread of any infection. No one may return to campus until they have been symptom and/or fever-free for 24 hours.
IN THE EVENT OF COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
NOTIFICATION OF POSITIVE COVID-19 RESULTS
- After the onset of COVID-19 symptoms, whether or not an individual has been tested, they must isolate for at least 10 days, and must also be symptom-free and fever-free for 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medicine.
- Anyone who has come into contact with a confirmed COVID-19–positive person should quarantine for 14 days.
It is important to understand that it is the Field School’s responsibility to report all confirmed COVID-19 cases to the D.C. Department of Health. Families of students who have had direct contact with an individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19 will be contacted by the school. Additional contact may be made by the D.C. Department of Health. In accordance with the Department of Health guidelines, the name of the individual with a confirmed case will not be made public.
CONTACT TRACING ON CAMPUS
Cohorting and limiting movement around campus are important measures to allow for effective contact tracing. In the event that someone in our community tests positive for COVID-19, we will contact the D.C. Department of Health who will initiate contact tracing on our campus. This process will inform the notification of individuals who we know have been exposed to the virus. Carrie Johnson, our COVID-19 Response Director, will work closely with the Department of Health to facilitate this process.