With the help of your comments and experience in the first week of remote learning, we have revised the daily schedule to increase engagement between teachers and students and include flex time to provide for a more on-campus Field experience.
And because Field is so much more than academics we are always interested in new ways to connect, share interests, and learn and grow together. Here are some of the ways that Grade Heads are being creative about how to maintain and strengthen connections within the grade:
- Regular emails with reminders about the schedule and activities
- Weekly grade level lunches
- Sharing out grade-level updates about what students in the grade have been reading, fun things they are making, or how they are spending their time
- Checking in with students to see how they are feeling
- Hosting a Netflix Watch Party as a grade
- Creating an exercise challenge
- Organizing a TikTok video competition
- Sharing vlogs from students
- Pet show-and-tell themed grade level lunches
Below are some of the things that the school is doing to connect virtually including providing space for affinity groups that easily met-up on campus and finding ways for friendships to grow around similar interests.
Monday-Thursday during lunch, we provide an optional space for students to come together in their self-identified affinity groups.
Morning community meditations are hosted every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Pop-up SHAMs will have rotating topics each week.